This is a collection of pasta recipes from carbonara pasta, pasta salad, pasta sauce, salmon pasta, stuffed pasta shells and chicken pasta. I will explore pasta machines and making pasta. I will share all my favourite pasta recipes here and experiment with new pasta recipes. Enjoy.
Pasta is made from flour, water and sometimes eggs. It is associated with Italy. There are lots of different types such as fettuccine, fusilli, lasagne, macaroni, tagliatelli, tortelini, vermicelli, zite,spaghetti, ravioli and canelloni. I love to cook with pasta and I want to share with you some of my favourite pasta recipes. This recipe is for a sauce to go with a pasta of your choice and is for a main meal. This would serve 2 so double up for more portions. I use a large flat pan for making the sauce.
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups or use fresh skinned tomatoes
- 2 large onions diced
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 4 oz–1/2 cup–100gm of Chorizo Sausage chopped
- 1 cup–4 oz–100gm sliced mushrooms olive oil
- dried oreganosalt and pepper to taste
- Pasta such as macaroni 2 cups–8oz–200gm, this does for 2 but alter to suit your appetites.
Make fresh pasta in your best pasta maker. Heat the olive oil and fry the onions (do not brown), add the chorizo and garlic, cook for a few minutes. Add the mushrooms , stir and cook for about 4 minutes. Add the tin of tomatoes and oregano, add the salt and pepper, taste and stir. I now cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.I like the pasta sauce to be dry but you may like it more runny, add water according to your preference.
- Put boiling water into a large pan, add the dry pasta cook on simmer until the pasta is firm but not soft, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Drain and serve Pasta from fresh
- Put boiling water into a large pan.
- Add the fresh pasta and cook quickly for about 2 minutes.
- rain and serve. Put the pasta into individual dishes and cover with the sauce.
Add grated Parmesan cheese or a local cheese of your choice on top of the pasta. Add a chopped chilli to the recipe to make it really spicey
More tips can be found here: http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/penne-chorizo-creamy-tomato-sauce/57daa91a-e180-4a22-8acc-c16b1e1967d6